Wednesday, June 16, 2010

back on the pitch . . .

it started as coaching High School 15's in the spring . . . that morphed into Coaching High School 7's . . which morphed into coaching Portland 7's . . which then turned into playing if we need players . . and now straight on playing . . crazy.
For the record, I am not NOT playing 15's in the fall . . even if everyone in ORSU's back line dies or moves to another country . . there is no way the knee could survive WPL . .

On to other more exciting news. I am committed to living in Portland for the time being. I have basically been a Portland resident this past year, but spending all my free time and energy in Seattle. Now I am again a Portlander. It feels good. But man they need to do something about this weather. WEAK SAUCE . . someone turn off the goddamn sprinkler. California heat calls my name . . .

New roomies: moved in with Pat "Mabooti" Donaldson . . and it is looking to be a good time.

I have amazingly stayed put career wise and am still doing IT/BSA work for First American Title. They treat me really well, and I get to pursue educational opportunities at my leisure/work load. I have gained some pretty cool responsibilities. I now am a Divisional SharePoint Administrator, which basically puts me in charge of a couple servers that support 15 states. Still learning on the job, but it is definitely challenging, which is key for me. In addition to that I support a couple of proprietary software applications as well.

I definitely feel I am at a crossroads right now. In Portland for the moment, but missing California like crazy. I miss the weather, my family, friends. Trying to be patient and mature while I navigate the current situation, and not just move on a whim . .. . which tends to be my MO. Good things take time. Worst thing that could happen right now is if I was to start dating someone here in ptown, which would cloud my picture. I think it would be really good if I was single for a while . .. and stabilized for a bit.

the KNEE is back . . and Valbian is back in Portland . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment